WCTC court re-opening!
Following the recent Scottish Government announcement, I am delighted to inform you that our courts will re-open for play on Friday. This is, of course, subject to confirmation tomorrow by the First Minister.
The LTA has issued guidance on safe play during lockdown, a pictorial summary of which you will find at the end of this message. Please however also take full heed of the following notes designed to meet the particular circumstances of the club: - Do not come to the courts unless you have a confirmed booking.
- As a general rule, only two people will be allowed on court at any one time, i.e. singles play only. There is, however, no restriction on the number of players from the same household, and doubles is permitted provided each pair is similarly from the same household.
- Give the people playing before you plenty of time and space to leave the court.
- Stay at least two meters away from other players at all times and avoid physical contact such as handshakes. Avoid changing ends, or change at opposite sides of the net.
- Take only the minimum equipment you need and do not share equipment.
- Play only with your own tennis balls, which should ideally be clearly marked. Avoid picking up balls that are not yours - use your racquet or foot to return them.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly before leaving home and as soon as possible after leaving the courts. Ideally bring hand sanitiser with you and use as appropriate.
- Avoid touching the entrance gate and court gates if possible. The padlocks are being removed for the time being so that the gates can be opened with the minimum of contact. The nets will be set at the correct height and should be left as they are. The net winders have been removed.
- Please take any rubbish home with you for disposal.
In general, please pay strict attention to social distancing guidelines at all times while at the club - and, of course, do not come to the courts if you (or a member of your household) are symptomatic, self-isolating or shielding.
It will be great to be back on court again despite these restrictions and I hope that you will enjoy your return to the game.